ISO 14001 Foundation
The PECB Certified ISO 14001 Foundation training course presents the basic information on the concepts of environmental management and an overview of the ISO 14001 requirements. By participating in this training course, you will be able to understand the different aspects of an EMS, including the environmental policy, operational controls, performance measurements, management commitment, internal audit, management review, and continual improvement.
Who should attend?
The ISO 14001 Foundation training course is intended for:
- Managers/consultants seeking to get acquainted with the basic concepts of environmental management
- Individuals aiming to transform their organizations into more sustainable and environmentally-conscious entities
- Individuals interested in getting acquainted with the main requirements of ISO 14001 for an environmental safety management system
- Individuals interested in pursuing a career in environmental management
This training course enables you to:
- Understand the basic environmental management concepts, definitions, and approaches
- Get acquainted with the ISO 14001 requirements for an environmental management system
- Develop a general understanding of how ISO 14001 requirements could be applied in an organization
The training course is participant centered and contains:
- Lecture sessions illustrated with graphics, examples, and discussions
- Interactions between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Quizzes as a simulation and preview of the certification exam
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.
- Day 1: Introduction to environmental management, EMS, and clause 4-6 of ISO 14001
- Day 2: Clauses 7-10 of ISO 14001 and certification exam