Why should you attend?
Given the increasing number of disruptions and the unpredictability of disasters of any kind (natural, occupational, information security), organizations nowadays are aiming at getting certified against ISO 22301 in order to show commitment toward business continuity and ensure that disruptive incidents are detected and properly addressed, thus the management system is continually improved. By becoming a PECB certified auditor, you will achieve a formal and independent recognition of your personal competences, and you qualify yourself to conduct BCMS audits for a certification body.
Who should attend?
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead business continuity management system (BCMS) audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the business continuity management system audit process
- Individuals responsible to maintain conformity with the BCMS requirements in an organization
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for the business continuity management system audit
- Expert advisors in business continuity management
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a business continuity management system (BCMS) based on ISO 22301
- Interpret the ISO 22301 requirements for a BCMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the BCMS conformity to ISO 22301 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO 22301 compliance audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO 22301 audit program
- This training course is based on theory, auditing best practices used in BCMS audits, ISO 22301 requirements, and international auditing standards.
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study which includes role-playing and discussions.
- The participants are encouraged to intercommunicate and engage in discussions and exercises.
- The exercises are similar to the certification exam.
Participants who attend this training course are required to have a fundamental understanding of business continuity concepts and a comprehensive knowledge of BCMS audit principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to business continuity management system (BCMS) and ISO 22301
- Day 2: Audit principles, preparation, and initiation of an audit
- Day 3: On-site audit activities
- Day 4: Closing of the audit
- Day 5: Certification exam