Why should you attend?
The age of globalization has brought new challenges to all industries, and the food industry is no exception. The origin and safety of food products is a main concern in today’s market. It has become increasingly difficult to have proper knowledge on the production methods and origin of food products. Internationally recognized food safety measures are no longer a privilege; they have become a basic requirement for all organizations that deal with food production or service.
The implementation of a food safety management system (FSMS) is a strategic decision for ensuring the safety of food delivered to the consumer. This training course, developed by PECB, aims to help participants develop the knowledge and skills necessary to support an organization in establishing, implementing, managing, and maintaining an FSMS based on ISO 22000 and other best practices. Implementers play a key role in an organization’s ability to successfully implement and maintain an FSMS.
The training course enables you to help organizations establish processes needed to maintain the quality and safety their products and services, while adhering to all legal, regulatory, and other requirements. As part of this training course, you will learn how to establish controls that proactively prevent noncompliance and contribute to the creation of a culture of safety, integrity, transparency, and openness.
The training course is followed by the certification exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” credential. The “PECB ISO 22000 Lead Implementer” certificate is internationally recognized. It validates your professional capabilities and competences to implement an FSMS in an organization based on the requirements of ISO 22000.
Why should attend?
- Managers or consultants involved in food safety management
- Expert advisors interested in mastering the implementation process of a food safety management system
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the FSMS requirements in an organization
- FSMS team members
This training course will help you:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an FSMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO 22000 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Gain the ability to interpret the requirements of ISO 22000 in the specific context of an organization
- Develop the necessary knowledge and expertise to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an FSMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing FSMS best practices
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, approaches, and best practices used in food safety management system implementation
- Lecture sessions illustrated with practical examples based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interaction between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Exercises, which are a simulation and a preview of the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are a fundamental understanding of food safety concepts, a basic knowledge of ISO management system standards, as well as a general understanding of ISO 22000 and the MS implementation principles.