Why should you attend?
In today’s rapidly evolving environment, organizations face significant security challenges to protect their assets, operations, and reputation. The ever-changing security risks can pose serious threats to organizations; therefore, it is crucial for organizations to establish an effective security management system.
The PECB ISO 28000 Lead Implementer training course helps you develop the necessary competencies to establish, implement, maintain, and continually improve a security management system (SeMS). This training course aims to equip you with an in-depth knowledge of ISO 28000 requirements, as well as the best practices and approaches to security management.
After successfully completing the training course, you will be able to help organizations establish appropriate security processes and controls that proactively ensure the security of the environment and contribute to the creation and protection of value.
After completing the training course, you can sit for the exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 28000 Lead Implementer” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB Certified ISO 28000 Lead Implementer” certificate demonstrates that you possess the professional capabilities to implement security management systems based on the requirements of ISO 28000.
Who should attend?
The ISO 28000 Lead Implementer training course is intended for:
- Individuals responsible for maintaining and improving the security environment in which organizations operate
- Professionals wishing to obtain in-depth knowledge of the requirements of ISO 28000
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the ISO 28000 requirements
- Expert advisors seeking to master the implementation of an SeMS
- Members of an SeMS implementation team
- Individuals seeking to pursue a career in security management
- Security management consultants
- Management representatives seeking to master the SeMS implementation process
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of security management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 28000 requirements for an SeMS from the perspective of an implementer
- Initiate and plan the implementation of an SeMS based on ISO 28000 by utilizing PECB’s IMS2 Methodology and other best practices
- Support organizations in operating, maintaining, and continually improving their SeMS based on ISO 28000
- Prepare organizations to undergo a third-party certification audit
This training course is participant centered and it:
- Elaborates theories, approaches, and best practices used in the implementation, maintenance, and continual improvement of a security management system
- Facilitates and encourages interaction between the trainers and participants through questions and discussions
- Provides theoretical basis supported by practical examples
- Provides quizzes with stand-alone questions (after each section) and scenario-based quizzes (at the end of each day), intended to prepare the participants for the certification exam
In order to fully benefit from this training course, participants should have a basic knowledge of ISO 28000 requirements. In addition, a general understanding of security management principles and concepts can also facilitate the learning process.