Why should you attend?
The PECB ISO 28000 Lead Auditor training course enables you to develop the necessary competencies to perform security management system (SeMS) audits by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques. This training course integrates the ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, the ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing, in order to equip you with the necessary competencies for planning, conducting, and closing ISO 28000 conformity assessment audits successfully.
Besides the theoretical basis, the training course also provides a hands-on approach by providing examples, exercises, and quizzes to reinforce your understanding of the key aspects of ISO 28000 conformity assessment audits, including the interpretation of ISO 28000 requirements in the context of an audit, the principles of auditing, the application of audit methods and approaches to evidence collection and verification, leading an audit team, drafting nonconformity reports, preparing the audit report, and following up on nonconformities.
After completing the training course, you can sit for the exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 28000 Lead Auditor” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB ISO 28000 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional expertise and demonstrates that you have the knowledge and skills to audit an SeMS based on ISO 28000.
Who should attend?
The ISO 28000 Lead Auditor training course is intended for:
- Auditors seeking to perform and lead SeMS audits
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the ISO 28000 requirements
- Technical experts seeking to prepare for an SeMS audit
- Professionals wanting to pursue a career in management systems conformity assessments
- Security management consultants
- Regulators responsible for ensuring compliance with security standards and regulations
- Management representatives seeking to master the SeMS audit process
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a security management system based on ISO 28000
- Interpret the ISO requirements of 28000 for a SeMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the SeMS conformity to ISO 28000 requirements by applying and utilizing widely recognized audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO 28000 conformity assessment audit, in accordance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1, the guidelines of ISO 19011, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO 28000 audit program
This training course is participant centered and it:
- Elaborates theories, approaches, and best practices used in SeMS audits
- Provides practical exercises which are based on scenarios inspired by real-life events
- Encourages interaction between the trainer and participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Provides quizzes consisting of stand-alone and scenario-based questions, tailored to prepare the participants for the certification exam
In order to fully benefit from this training course, participants should have a basic understanding of ISO 28000 and audit principles.