Why should you attend?
ISO 45001 is the first global occupational health and safety management system standard that replaces OHSAS 18001. The PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor training course helps in developing the necessary skillset to perform occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) audits by applying widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and methods.
This training course has been developed to reflect the importance of an effective audit. It strengthens your knowledge and skills to plan and carry out an OH&S MS audit in compliance with the guidelines for auditing management systems provided in ISO 19011 and the certification process described in ISO/IEC 17021-1.
The exercises provided for this training course are designed to help you practice the most important aspects of an OH&S MS audit: ISO 45001 requirements, auditing principles, tools and techniques used to obtain evidence, leading a team of auditors, conducting interviews with auditees, reviewing documented information, drafting nonconformity reports, and preparing the final audit report.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO 45001 Lead Auditor” credential. An IAS certified and internationally recognized “PECB ISO 45001 Lead Auditor” certificate validates your professional capabilities and demonstrates your ability to audit an OH&S MS based on ISO 45001.
Who should attend?
- Auditors interested in performing and leading OH&S MS certification audits
- Managers or consultants interested in advancing their knowledge of the OH&S MS audit process
- Internal auditors and individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to the requirements of ISO 45001
- Technical experts interested in preparing for an OH&S MS audit
- Expert advisors in occupational health and safety management
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of an occupational health and safety management system (OH&S MS) based on ISO 45001
- Interpret the ISO 45001 requirements for an OH&S MS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the OH&S MS conformity to ISO 45001 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO 45001 compliance audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO 45001 audit program
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, best practices used in occupational health and safety management auditing
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with practical exercises based on a case study that includes role-playing and discussions
- Interactions, made between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Quizzes, which are a simulation and preview of the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are: a fundamental understanding of ISO 45001 and a comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.