ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation training course provides information on the fundamental concepts of information security, cybersecurity and privacy based on ISO/IEC 27002.
Why Should You Attend?
ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation training course enables participants to learn the basic concepts related to the implementation and management of information security controls based on the guidelines of ISO/IEC 27002. Through this training course, participants will be able to identify the information security controls of ISO/IEC 27002 that are categorized into four themes: organizational, people, physical, and technological. The training course also provides information on how ISO/IEC 27002 is related with other standards, such as ISO/IEC 27001 and ISO/IEC 27003.
The training course is followed by an exam. If you pass, you can apply for the “PECB Certificate Holder in ISO/IEC 27002 Foundation” certificate. This certificate demonstrates that you have a general knowledge of ISO/IEC 27002 information security controls.
Who Can Attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Managers and consultants seeking to know more about information security controls of ISO/IEC 27002
- Professionals engaged in or responsible for information security management
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main processes of an information security management system and information security controls
- Individuals interested to pursue a career in information security
By successfully completing this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of information security, cybersecurity, and privacy based on ISO/IEC 27002
- Discuss the relationship between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002, and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 27002 organizational, people, physical, and technological controls in the specific context of an organization
- This training course contains lecture sessions that are illustrated with practical questions and examples.
- The participants are encouraged to communicate with each other and engage in discussions when completing quizzes and exercises.
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certificate exam.
There are no prerequisites to participate in this training course.