Why should you attend?
The PECB ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor training course provides you with the necessary knowledge and skills to conduct service management system (SMS) audits in accordance with widely recognized audit principles, procedures, and techniques. This training course has been developed to reflect the importance of an effective SMS audit. It aims to strengthen your skill set regarding the planning and conducting SMS audits in compliance with the requirements of ISO/IEC 17021-1, the recommendations of ISO 19011, and other best practices of auditing.
This training course also provides exercises, quizzes, and practical examples to help you understand the most important aspects of SMS audits. It elaborates, among others, on the practical aspects, such as the interpretation of ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in the context of an audit, the application of principles of auditing, the audit methods, the evidence collection and verification, the leading of an audit team, the drafting of nonconformity reports, and the preparation of the final audit report.
The successful completion of the training course is followed by an exam. If you pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor” credential. The internationally recognized “PECB ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor” certificate demonstrates your professional capabilities and your ability to audit an SMS based on ISO/IEC 20000-1.
Who should attend?
The ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Auditor training course is intended for:
- Auditors seeking to conduct and lead SMS audits
- Managers or consultants seeking to master the SMS audit process
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in an organization
- Technical experts seeking to prepare organizations for an SMS certification audit
- Expert advisors in service management
By the end of this training course, the participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts and principles of a service management system (SMS) based on ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Interpret the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements for an SMS from the perspective of an auditor
- Evaluate the SMS conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements, in accordance with the fundamental audit concepts and principles
- Plan, conduct, and close an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit, in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021-1 requirements, ISO 19011 guidelines, and other best practices of auditing
- Manage an ISO/IEC 20000-1 audit program
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, approaches, and best practices used in service management system audits
- Lecture sessions illustrated with practical examples
- Practical exercises based on a case study and discussions
- Interaction between participants by means of questions and suggestions
- Exercises tailored to prepare the participants for the certification exam
The main requirements for participating in this training course are a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements and a comprehensive knowledge of audit principles.