The benefits of implementing a service management system (SMS) based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 are manifold: the management system is based on ISO’s high-level structure (HLS) which allows an easier integration with existing management systems, the standard comprises practices proven to be useful in the service management industry, requirements stated in clauses 4–10 allow the organization to establish a structured approach to manage service provision activities and deliver value to its customers, the standard allows the organization to establish a baseline upon which it can improve in the future.
The training course aims to provide in-depth understanding of ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements, as well as good practices and approaches used for the implementation and subsequent maintenance of the service management system.
Who should attend?
The ISO/IEC 20000 Lead Implementer training course is intended for:
- Managers or consultants involved in and concerned with the implementation of a service management system in an organization
- Managers and employees seeking to help their organization meet the service requirements and deliver value
- Project managers, consultants, or expert advisers seeking to master the implementation of a service management system based on the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformity with the ISO/IEC 20000-1 requirements in an organization
- Members of an SMS implementation team
This training course enables you to:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the concepts, approaches, methods, and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an SMS
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 20000-1, standards in the ISO/IEC 20000 series, and other ISO standards
- Gain the ability to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 20000-1 in the specific context of an organization
- Develop the necessary knowledge and expertise to support an organization in effectively planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and maintaining an SMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing SMS best practices
This training course is participant centered and contains:
- Theories, approaches, and good practices used in service management
- Lecture sessions, which are illustrated with examples and practical exercises based on a case study that include discussions
- Interactions made between participants by means of questions and suggestions
The main requirements for participating in this training course are a basic knowledge of ISO management system standards, a general understanding of ISO/IEC 20000-1, and an awareness of the management system implementation principles.
- Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 20000 series and the initiation of an SMS
- Day 2: Implementation plan of an SMS
- Day 3: Implementation of an SMS
- Day 4: SMS monitoring, continual improvement, and preparation for the certification audit
- Day 5: Certification Exam